Learn to Read Quran Properly: 16 Etiquettes of Reciting It!
Our Honorable Quran will come on the day of Resurrection as an intercessor for its companions. It is a complete code of life that has been sent as a guidance for the entire human race. When it comes to learning how to read Quran, one should give it its due respect and attention and appreciate the greatness of it.
The above-mentioned lines clearly show why it is crucial to learn Quran recitation the correct way; the way it is supposed to be read and the way it was revealed to prophet Muhammad pbuh.
In this article, we will cover some Quran recitation rules and etiquettes of reading it properly, most of them are not compulsory, they are just recommendable in order to make your heart attached to the Quran and bring you closer to Allah swt.
Here are 16 Etiquette’s of Reciting the Quran Properly
- Perform Wudu before holding the Mushaf as it is haram, according to the majority-view of Muslim scholars, or at least reprehensible to touch it without being in a state of ritual cleanliness and purity.
- Make sure that your clothes are neat and clean.
- Use Siwak or brush your teeth to remove food particles, and freshen your mouth as you are about to read the divine words of Allah swt.
- Face the Qiblah (the direction of prayer).
- Seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Shaitan and start your recitation with Bismillah.
- Learn to read Quran with a slow pace to better understand the verses and perceive the greatness of them.
- Learn Tajweed and Quran recitation rules in order to read Quran with Tajweed the proper way without making fatal mistakes in pronunciation that can entirely change the meaning of the verses.
- Sit properly in a quiet place in order to avoid all kinds of distractions and pay attention to every single word you read.
- Beautify the Quran with your voice as Prophet Muhammad pbuh encouraged us to do so and learn to recite Quran beautifully.
- Give all letters their due right without feverish haste. Quran recitation word by word is so rewarding because every single recited letter counts as ten good deeds.
- Ask Allah of His Bounty whenever there are Ayat promising Allah’s favor.
- Seek Allah’s Protection from the punishment of the grave and Jahannam whenever there are Ayat warning of Allah’s Punishment.
- Try not to interrupt your Quran memorization or recitation to converse with other people, unless absolutely necessary.
- Do not abandon the Quran and try your best not to let a day pass without looking at its pages or listening to it.
- There are 15 Sajdah marks in some specific verses in the Quran, whenever you see one while reading, pause at that verse and perform Sajdah.
- Ponder over the verses and the miraculous stories in the Quran about prophets and good people and draw lessons of their lifestyle and the way they treated others with patience and kindness.
Not less important is the fact that our religion is easy and there is much leeway in it, we just try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings as prophet Muhammad pbuh advised us. In light of the previous lines:
- You don’t have to sit every single time you read Quran, there is nothing wrong in lying down as it is narrated that prophet Muhammad recited Quran while clinging against something.
- For women, it is not a must to wear hijab when reciting Holy Quran, it is just recommendable in order to better achieve the presence of heart and have Khushu while reading the divine words of Allah swt.
If you want to memorise Quran online, learn Arabic to understand Quran, or study Quran recitation online, then you have just come to the right place as Riwaq Al Azhar Institute is the best way to learn Quran online.
You can choose from a wide selection of online Quran courses and have full control of the number of Quran classes you take every week. Contact us now to book the best online Quran course that corresponds to your level and start the rewarding journey of reciting and memorizing the Quran from the comfort of your own home!
Online Quran Recitation Course